21/03/2011

New Face of the Hunter and Tour Auto News!

Well, hello and welcome to the revamped version of the blog. Yes, we have a new header! Finally! I think it deserved a separate post, but don't worry, there are Lancias to follow, as I've managed to snap oh so many this week! Yes, the sun is out and all proud Lancia owners have finally decided to take their beauties out for a ride. Typical, eh?

Anyway, back to the subject. There were a few ideas for the header and one of them you can see on the right panel under "Lancia Art" caption. That was the first version and it didn't really work due to being so plain and obvious. Mind you, still a decent picture! The current header was a collaborative project though.

The idea belongs to my dad and he can have all the credit for it. The sketch (left) was drawn by me; and then Ryan spent about 5 hours drawing the final version (right), so he's got all copyright. (NB: I am neither fat nor ginger and I do not wear pigtails!)


Now that you've had your laughs, let me share some exciting info with you. 11th - 16th April we have Tour Auto happening in France and the theme is... ZAGATO!. Click here to check this amazing race out and if you're still not convinced that you should click on some weird link, here's the tempter.

Cars featuring in this race include:

  • LANCIA Aurelia B20 GT 1955
  • LANCIA Flavia Zagato 1967 (raced by British/Irish team!)
  • 2 X LANCIA Flaminia Zagato 1962
  • LANCIA Flaminia CoupĂ© 1963 
  • LANCIA Fulvia 1.3 HF 1970
  • LANCIA Stratos Gr. IV 1974
  • LANCIA Stratos Gr. IV 1977
  • LANCIA Stratos Gr. IV 1978
  • LANCIA Stratos 1973

The full provisional list is HERE. I bet now I've convinced you to give in and click the link! Anyway, if you're in Paris on Monday April 11th, then come to Tuileries Gardens in Paris for checks and scrutineering. I've emailed to find out the times and the reply was "everything will be on Monday all day", whatever "all day" means. I'm planning to be there around 10-11am, hopefully won't miss much!

No comments:

Post a Comment